Microbeads should have never been allowed to be put into consumer products in the first place. They are toxic and unnecessary additions to personal care products like toothpaste and body wash. Once washed down the drain, the tiny plastic spheres can’t be properly filtered out by water treatment plants. Even worse, microbeads can contain toxic substances such as phthalates and bisphenol-A (BPA) that become adsorbed onto their surface, and can be consumed by fish and birds—ultimately ending up in our food chain.
Enter your email address to
register a free account.