• The House Heritage Committee will meet on April 20 to discuss the Heritage Department’s 2015-16 spending main estimates, the 2014-15 supplementary estimates ‘C,’ and to hear testimony from Heritage Minister Shelly Glover, deputy minister Graham Flack and chief financial officer for the Department of Heritage Andrew Francis, before moving to consider Bill C-597, an Act to Amend the Holiday Act and to hear testimony from Conservative MP Gary Schellenberger, Michael Blais of Canadian Veterans Advocacy and the Royal Canadian Legion.
• The House International Trade Committee will meet on its study of Competing Globally: Opportunities for Small and Medium-sized Businesses, and will hear testimony from Archipelago Marine Research Ltd., the Conference Board of Canada, Deebee’s SpecialTea Foods Ltd., and Lingo Media Corporation.
• The House Public Accounts Committee will meet in-camera to consider a draft report on its study of Chapter 6 of the Auditor General’s Fall 2014 report on Nutrition North Canada.
• The House National Defence Committee will meet in-camera to discuss committee business.
• The House will resume debate at second reading on NDP MP Laurin Liu’s Bill C-636, An Act to amend the Canada Labour Code (unpaid training).
• The Senate National Security and Defence Committee will meet to study Bill C-51, the Anti-Terrorism Act, 2015 and will hear testimony from the CSE, the RCMP, CIRC, the Public Prosecution Service of Canada, the Canadian Bar Association, the Criminal Lawyers’ Association, the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, and from former Supreme Court judge John Major.
• The Senate Official Languages Committee will meet to study best practices for language policies and second-language learning and will hear testimony from the Conference Board of Canada, French for Life, French for the Future, and the Society for Educational Visits and Exchanges in Canada.
Enter your email address to
register a free account.