The updated edition of The Federal Response to the Opioid Crisis ebook is now available.
– Additional committee work dealing with opioids from the Fall 2017 sitting.
– An updated list of key players.
– Debates from the house.
– Press releases from government and non-government groups from the Fall of 2017.
– A look forward at the issues the Government may deal with in the coming sitting.
– News and opinion coverage from all Hill Times publications.
The opioid crisis has been at the forefront of work in the House of Commons and the Senate since the Liberal government came to power in late 2015. This deadly issue shows no signs to abating in Western Canada and is slowly creeping across the country.
The opioid crisis touches all levels of government and across non-governmental sectors, including government relations, advocacy and those working on the front lines with people suffering from addictions.
This e-book summarizes the work on the opioid crisis that is going on at the federal level: what the House of Commons and the Senate have been listening to and acting on to help stop and mitigate this tragedy.