House of Commons
• C-11, Priorities Hiring for Injured Veterans Bill (second reading)
• C-33, First Nations Control of First Nations Education Act (committee)
• C-35, Justice For Animals in Service Act [Quanto’s Law] (report stage)
• C-42 Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act (report stage)
Monday, May 25
• The House will debate Bill C-588, An Act to amend the Heritage Lighthouse Protection Act (Sambro Island Lighthouse) at second reading. It will also debate Bill S-6, the Yukon and Nunavut Regulatory Improvement Act, at report stage, as well as Bill C-42, the Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act at report stage, and will deal with Bill C-59, the budget implementation act. The House will then form a committee of the whole to consider the 2015-16 main estimates.
• The House Canadian Heritage Committee will meet to study dance in Canada and will hear witness testimony from Zab Maboungou/Compagnie Danse Nyata Nyata, École supérieure de ballet du Québec, Ballet BC, Dancers of Damelahamid, Sampradaya Dance Creations and Decidedly Jazz Danceworks. It will then do clause-by-clause consideration of Bill C-597, An Act to amend the Holidays Act (Remembrance Day).
• The House Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics Committee will meet to discuss the 2015-16 main estimates and will hear testimony from Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner Mary Dawson, Information Commissioner Suzanne Legault, Lobbying Commissioner Karen Shepherd, and Privacy Commissioner Daniel Therrien.
• The House Public Accounts Committee is meeting to discuss Chapter 3 of the Auditor General’s Spring 2015 Report on tax-based expenditures and will hear from AG Michael Ferguson, the Department of Finance and the Canada Revenue Agency.