Experts at Hill Times Events panel on lobbying share their tips for gaining access in a new political age.
MP-sponsored private member’s bills that passed the House & died in the Senate:
• C-314, Breast Density Awareness Act (second reading) Sponsored by Conservative MP Patrick Brown
• C-643, National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Day Act (second reading) Sponsored by Independent MP Manon Perreault
• C-290, an Act to amend the Criminal Code (sports betting) (committee) Sponsored by NDP MP Brian Masse
• C-350, an Act to amend the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (accountability of offenders) (committee) Sponsored by Conservative MP Guy Lauzon
Monday, June 15
• The House will consider Bill C-59, the Economic Action Plan 2015 Act, No. 1, at third reading.
• The House Public Accounts Committee will meet in-camera to discuss information technology investments at the Canada Border Services Agency.
• The Senate Human Rights Committee will meet to examine Canada’s international and national human rights obligations.
• The Senate Official Languages Committee will meet to continue studying Bill S-205, an Act to amend the Official Languages Act.
Attendees packed into Social on Sussex Drive last Thursday, a mix of Canada 2020 delegates and Hillites. The bar was lit up red and the party went on well into the wee hours of the morning.
Policy Options Editor Dan Gardner, Environics' Greg MacEachern, and Shaw's Jim Patrick.
Canadians for Clean Prosperity’s Tom Chervinsky and Mollie Anderson, with United Way Ottawa VP Adam Smith.
Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries’ Nicholas Todd and Canada 2020’s Alex Patterson.
Adriana Vega, William Norman, and Liberal MP Anita Vandenbeld’s legislative assistant Hillary Buchan-Terrell.
NPR Radio host in D.C. David McGuffin and Liberal volunteer Mike Lapointe.
The Globe and Mail’s Adam Radwanski and Samara’s Kendall Anderson.
Great Work’s Jen Hunter and Allana Graham, flanking Canadian Home Builders' Association’s Jason Burggraaf.