With a few exceptions, the National Security and Defence Committee is hearing from key voices that didn’t get a chance to testify before the House during its rushed study.
House of Commons
• C-11, Priorities Hiring for Injured Veterans Bill (second reading)
• C-33, First Nations Control of First Nations Education Act (committee)
• C-35, Justice For Animals in Service Act [Quanto’s Law] (committee)
• C-42 Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act (commitee)
Monday, April 27
• The House will debate a Liberal opposition motion.
• The House International Trade Committee will meet to discuss competing globally and opportunities for small and medium-sized businesses.
• The House Justice and Human Rights Committee will hold a televised meeting to study Bill C-35, the Justice for Animals in Service Act, sponsored by Justice Minister Peter MacKay.
• The House National Defence Committee will meet in-camera to further its discussion on the defence of North America.