'Its first order of business will be to frame its engagement in how it’s going to interact with Canadians,' says Liberal MP Mark Holland, parliamentary secretary to the minister of Democratic Institutions.
House of Commons
• C-2, An Act to amend the Income Tax Act (second reading)
• C-4, An Act to amend the Canada Labour Code, the Parliamentary Employment and Staff Relations Act, the Public Service Labour Relations Act and the Income Tax Act (second reading)
• C-5, An Act to repeal Division 20 of Part 3 of the Economic Action Plan 2015 Act, No. 1 (second reading)
The House and Senate are not sitting this week but will return on Tuesday. Feb. 16.
Tuesday, Feb. 16
• The House will debate at second reading Bill C-4, An Act to amend the Canada Labour Code, the Parliamentary Employment and Staff Relations Act, the Public Service Labour Relations Act and the Income Tax Act.
• The House Public Accounts Committee will meet at 8:45 a.m. in Centre Block room 112-N to elect its committee chair.
Party Under the Stars was held on Feb. 3 at Ottawa City Hall. Conservative MPs Erin O'Toole and Steven Blaney dancing with performer Jully Black.
Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson, Party Under the Stars organizer Cheri Elliott, National Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, and Chief Government Whip Andrew Leslie.
Environics' Louis Charles Roy, Greg MacEachern, and their newest hire Chris McCluskey.
The crowd inside the Sir John A. Macdonald Building on Feb. 3.
Liberal MPs Joyce Murray, Sukh Dhaliwal, and Hedy Fry with B.C. Premier Christy Clark.
B.C. Liberal MP Joe Peschisolido and Premier Christy Clark.