Opposition MPs say the government bill doesnâ€™t take into account the resources necessary to support Bill S-2â€™s implementation.
House of Commons
• S-2 First Nations Matrimonial Real Property Rights Bill (committee)
• C-4 Preventing Human Smugglers from Abusing Canada’s Immigration System Bill (second reading)
• C-5 Air Canada Back to Work Bill (second reading)
• House debates Bill S-209, An Act to amend the Criminal Code (prize fights), at report stage.
• Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner appears before the House Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics Committee to discuss main estimates and then moves in camera to brief the committee on its review of the Conflict of Interest Act.
• International Trade Minister Ed Fast and his deputy Simon Kennedy appear before the House International Trade Committee to discuss main estimates.
• Quebec Council on the Status of Women, Comité d’action contre le trafic humain interne et international and the Salvation Army appear before the House Justice Committee to discuss Bill C-452, An Act to amend the Criminal Code (exploitation and trafficking in persons).
• House National Defence Committee meets in camera to discuss a draft report on NATO’s strategic concept and Canada’s role in international defence cooperation.