House passes Omnibus Budget Bill, Yale Fist Nation Final Agreement, Matrimonial Real Property Rights Bill, and Safe Drinking Water on First Nations Lands Bill in one week.
• C-4 Preventing Human Smugglers from Abusing Canada’s Immigration System Bill (second reading)
• C-5 Air Canada Back to Work Bill (second reading)
• S-6 Election and Term of Office of First Nations Chiefs and Councillors Bill (second reading)
• C-7 Senate Reform Bill (second reading)
• S-10 An Act to implement the Convention on Cluster Munitions (committee)
MONDAY, JUNE 10
• House Canadian Heritage Committee continues study on Bill C-49, Canadian Museum of History Bill, at clause-by-clause.
• House International Trade Committee continues study on the benefits of the Trans-Pacific Partnership and hears from the Canadian Labour Congress, Canadian Council of Chief Executives, Canadian Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters.
• House Justice Committee studies Bill C-54, Not Criminally Responsible Reform Act, and hears from Mental Health Commission of Canada president Louise Bradley, Barreau du Quebec, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Canadian Civil Liberties Association, Canadian Mental Health Association, Association des groupes d’intervention en défense de droits en santé mentale du Québec and Association of Families of Persons Assassinated or Disappeared.
• House National Defence Committee meets in camera to consider a draft report on NATO’s strategic concept and Canada’s role in international defence cooperation.