MP-sponsored private member’s bills that passed the House & died in the Senate:
• C-314, Breast Density Awareness Act (second reading) Sponsored by Conservative MP Patrick Brown
• C-643, National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Day Act (second reading) Sponsored by Independent MP Manon Perreault
• C-290, an Act to amend the Criminal Code (sports betting) (committee) Sponsored by NDP MP Brian Masse
• C-350, an Act to amend the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (accountability of offenders) (committee) Sponsored by Conservative MP Guy Lauzon
Monday, June 15
• The House will consider Bill C-59, the Economic Action Plan 2015 Act, No. 1, at third reading.
• The House Public Accounts Committee will meet in-camera to discuss information technology investments at the Canada Border Services Agency.
• The Senate Human Rights Committee will meet to examine Canada’s international and national human rights obligations.
• The Senate Official Languages Committee will meet to continue studying Bill S-205, an Act to amend the Official Languages Act.
Great Work Systems' Jen Hunter, Bluesky's Elizabeth Gray-Smith, and CMA's Kristen Smith.
Attendees at the Tuesday, Jan. 27 event filled the glass atrium of the Performance Court Building adjoining to the back of Beckta restaurant on Elgin Street. A DJ was playing upbeat tunes all evening.
Bluesky's Susan Smith, CHEO CEO Alex Munter, Bluesky's Elizabeth Gray-Smith, and CMA's Kristin Smith.
NSERC President Mario Pinto talking to Phil Fontaine, former AFN national chief.
Bruce Heyman speaking with Huawei's Scott Bradley, and Liberal transition head Peter Harder.
Liberal MP Kim Rudd talks to Huffington Post Canada's Althia Raj.
Director of Communications to the House Speaker, Heather Bradley.
Bluesky Strategy's Codie Taylor, and Emily Smith in behind.
Kyle Harrietha, left, a staffer to Environment and Climate Change Minister Catherine McKenna.
Mike Storeshaw, director of media relations to interim Conservative Party Leader Rona Ambrose.