Only 34 per cent of voting-age Canadians believe the Conservative election campaign announcement that the 'Life Means Life' bill will be a top priority is a genuine attempt to address violent crime, says a Forum Research poll.
MP-sponsored private member’s bills that passed the House & died in the Senate:
• C-314, Breast Density Awareness Act (second reading) Sponsored by Conservative MP Patrick Brown
• C-643, National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Day Act (second reading) Sponsored by Independent MP Manon Perreault
• C-290, an Act to amend the Criminal Code (sports betting) (committee) Sponsored by NDP MP Brian Masse
• C-350, an Act to amend the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (accountability of offenders) (committee) Sponsored by Conservative MP Guy Lauzon
Monday, June 15
• The House will consider Bill C-59, the Economic Action Plan 2015 Act, No. 1, at third reading.
• The House Public Accounts Committee will meet in-camera to discuss information technology investments at the Canada Border Services Agency.
• The Senate Human Rights Committee will meet to examine Canada’s international and national human rights obligations.
• The Senate Official Languages Committee will meet to continue studying Bill S-205, an Act to amend the Official Languages Act.