Prime Minister Stephen Harper says he skeptical of inquiries ‘run way over time, way over budget, recommendations prove to be of limited utility.’
House of Commons
• S-2 First Nations Matrimonial Real Property Rights Bill (committee)
• C-4 Preventing Human Smugglers from Abusing Canada’s Immigration System Bill (second reading)
• C-5 Air Canada Back to Work Bill (second reading)
• House votes on NDP opposition motion 2013 Spring Report of the Auditor General of Canada.
• House debates Bill C-489, An Act to amend the Criminal Code and the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (restrictions on offenders), at second reading.
• House debates main estimates of Natural Resources department in a committee of the whole.
• House Agriculture Committee meets in camera to discuss recommendations on animal products supply chain and a draft report on agriculture and agri-food products supply chain for grains and oilseeds.
• House Government Operations and Estimates Committee hears from Treasury Board Secretariat officials who will brief them on the process for considering the estimates and supply.