'It certainly is not helpful when you’re negotiating with 11 other countries and they start to see that there’s these kinds of discussions at home. No one else is doing that at home within their country. We seem to be the only ones doing that and it does create problems for our negotiators at the table,' says Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz.
MP-sponsored private member’s bills that passed the House & died in the Senate:
• C-314, Breast Density Awareness Act (second reading) Sponsored by Conservative MP Patrick Brown
• C-643, National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Day Act (second reading) Sponsored by Independent MP Manon Perreault
• C-290, an Act to amend the Criminal Code (sports betting) (committee) Sponsored by NDP MP Brian Masse
• C-350, an Act to amend the Corrections and Conditional Release Act (accountability of offenders) (committee) Sponsored by Conservative MP Guy Lauzon
Monday, June 15
• The House will consider Bill C-59, the Economic Action Plan 2015 Act, No. 1, at third reading.
• The House Public Accounts Committee will meet in-camera to discuss information technology investments at the Canada Border Services Agency.
• The Senate Human Rights Committee will meet to examine Canada’s international and national human rights obligations.
• The Senate Official Languages Committee will meet to continue studying Bill S-205, an Act to amend the Official Languages Act.